Why Should You Buy Organic Food?
What Does Organic Mean?
Agricultural products that are naturally grown and processed are termed as organic foods. The organic crops, in general, are grown without the use of chemicals, synthetic pesticides, petroleum-based fertilizers, bioengineered genes or sewage sludge-based fertilizers. Even when it comes to dairy products, meat or eggs, the livestock will be given access to organic feed. Antibiotics, by-products, and growth hormones are rigidly not encouraged.
Why Choose Organic?
A maze of foods labeled organic will claim to be beneficial but is it really so? Does the popularity of organic food outweigh the advantages? If you’ve ever wondered about what is essentially good for your physical and mental health, you’re on the right path. Organically grown foods often contain more nutrients in the form of antioxidants and prevent or reduce allergies when compared to conventionally grown counterparts. It is free of harmful chemicals, contains more taste and sustainable sustenance while being a great choice for personal and planetary well-being.
Why Is It Important?
Organic foods contain fewer chemicals and pesticides but consumption of organically grown food is one of the ways to avoid the chemically intoxicated foods in the current market. Over 600 active chemicals are registered with heavy pesticide exposure that can contribute to serious ailments, impairments, malfunctions and neurological issues. Organic meat and dairy contain synthetic hormones that have been linked to an increased risk of cancer. Alternatively, due to zero pesticide levels, the fertilization techniques are less likely to cause toxic heavy metals that usually accumulate in the kidneys and liver.
Advantages of Organic Food
- Organic products such as meat and milk contain 50% of omega-3 fatty acids which is a type of unsaturated healthy fat that does not increase the overall calories.
- Sustainable practices for growing crops yield foods with more nutrients including minerals, vitamins, micro-nutrients, and enzymes.
- Organic foods grown in a well-balanced soil automatically taste better than conventionally grown crops.
- No synthetic hormones or antibiotics are fed to livestock making organic foods intrinsically safer to consume.
- Organic products have higher antioxidant content and pose no risk of harmful pesticides or other potentially harmful chemicals.
- They contain essential nutrients as soon as they are harvested and must be consumed relatively quickly
- Lower risk of water or soil contamination brings a positive effect on human well-being as well as the environment.
- Organic foods cannot be altered from the point of their DNA in order to be pesticide free or produce insecticides. It is free of (GMO) genetically modified organisms or in other words genetically engineered
- Organic farming plays a positive role in the environment as it reduces pollution and soil erosion, increases the soil fertility, conserves water and uses less energy
It is hard to overlook the problems arising from toxic exposures of conventionally grown foods. The wake of factors such as birth defects, obesity, learning disabilities and water pollution is stimulating a valuable change for delivering organic labels to the market. The growth in this dynamic sector can be contributed to protecting the environment and stabilizing health living.
#Buy #Organic #Food
Why Should You Buy Organic Food?